Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Place Value. Oh My!!!

We begin our school year with place value and so I have been searching the Internet for a cute video to go with some of my pace value lessons.  Upon searching, I found this great video from Mr. R.   Check it out!


   

I also found this great idea on how to make a place value chart using a folder from Thinking Outside the Schoolbox.  I have used PV pockets before, but the numbers tend to slide around.  I think this might solve the problem.

                                                                                                                                                                             




  
And I found this slightly different version from Mrs. Farmer's 5th Grade Class.


 





Here are a couple of units that I have created that I also use with place value:

Place Value Base Ten Block Buddies is available at both my TpT and Teacher NB stores for $5.00.


 
Place Value Safari is available at both my TpT and my Teachers NB stores for $7.00.


It's never to soon to start planning. The new school year will be here before you know it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...