Sunday, August 16, 2015

Back to School Classroom Stuff & Where to Find It

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Well, it's that time of year again, and I thought I might help out by sharing some classroom storage and decor items and where you can actually get them.

First off here is what I use to house my student mailbox and extra supplies: I set the first shelf lower so that my mailbox would fit. The other two shelves house my extra supplies which are in plastic shoe boxes and large clear, see through plastic containers.



This is a baker's rack that I purchased 12 years ago.  You can get one at Target for $59.99.  It might seem like a lot of money, but it is very durable and should last a long time.


You can purchase plastic shoe boxes at the Dollar Tree for $1 each ~ not a bad price!


Walmart has the larger storage boxes that come 4 to a set for $17.88



The next items I want to show you are for center storage. I am going to use the multi-color tall one for math centers and the other blue one with baskets and hanging pockets for my Daily 5 Stations.



You can get a similar one at Walmart for $50.04 online.  I purchased mine at Big Lots last year, but doesn't look like they are carrying them this year. 






This Hone Can-Do All-purpose Teacher Caddy came from Staples online.  I got a great deal. They had it on sale for $59.99, regular price $199.99.  Just checked, and it is back to regular price :(  Target has it for $114..39, though.



I just ordered these matching magazine holders and baskets from Really Good Stuff for my Guided Reading groups!




The magazine boxes were $18.99 for a set of 4 and the baskets were the same price for a set of 4. You can get a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $50 or more if you sign up using your email.

Well that's all for now.  I hope you picked up a few ideas for your classroom this year. Check back soon to see some ideas for storage and decor in your classroom library!

Happy Back to School!


6 comments:

  1. You have some great ideas for the classroom. I really liked the math center idea. I was able to pick up some colored baskets at Walmart for $1 each! I was so excited. People may also want to check out Lowes for the metal shelving. They might be able to find a smaller size for less money. :) I need to find another mailbox. Mine was damaged in the move from one district to another. :( Thank you for listing the prices on the items. It will make comparison shopping so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Jane. I am so glad you found a few good ideas that can help you in your classroom. I got that mailbox at Office Max. The cardboard ones seem to be the least expensive, but they do last. I've had mine for over 12 years!
      Patti ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the colors of the reading boxes and matching baskets! They go beyond the primary colors and lend a contemporary look! They also go well with the center storage cart. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Rose! I am so glad you got a few ideas from this post. Check back for more ideas for your classroom library!
      Patti :)

      Delete
  3. I'd never thought of using a baker's rack before, but that's a great idea! I'm sure weekend garage sales would turn up a few of those at very low prices. Thanks for the classroom pictures and specific pricing...I appreciate that. I really like the Teacher Caddy too. Time to search for online coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you found some useful ideas Sandra, and thanks for your comment!
    Patti :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...