Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

I Did It!!!

OMG I can't believe I actually did it! I created my own blog button and managed to put it in my blog and IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! OK, I should also give credit to my 11 year old daughter who helped me (especially w/Paint). I am so excited. I will tell you how I did it step by step.

Step 1
I went to EHow How Add a Blog Button

Step 2
I created a Blog Button Design in Power Point (you could also use Word), copied it to Paint, saved it as a JPEG, and posted the pic in my blog. (Be sure when you post it that it is the actual size you want the button to be).

Step 3
I went to A Heart for Home Blog Button w/Text Box Code to get the actual HTML code (It was actually easiest, otherwise you have to change all the bracket signs to arrows). Also be sure that the http:// is only there once, otherwise it won't work(sometimes when you copy and paste it shows up again).

Step 4 I pasted the HTML as a Gadget and put my website name, URL, and my pic URL in the HTML gibberish as instructed.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You EHow, Hear for Home, & Kaylee for helping make my blog button. If you need a blog button, I definitely recommend trying this out. If I can do it, anybody can!

P.S. Let me know if you do it and it works. I would love to grab your button :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I read how you did it and I still don't know if I could create a button. I don't know if it is because it's late, because you can't teach an old dog new tricks, or what. Anyway, way to go!

    http://thirdgradesacharm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say that you inspired me. I created my own blog button. I think it works. Thanks so much!

    http://thirdgradesacharm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...