Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pumpkin Project

This year we had our 3rd graders and 4th graders dress up their pumpkins to look like characters from their favorite books. They also completed a packet describing character traits, and story elements. The story character pumpkins were displayed in the library, and everyone was allowed to vote for their favorite one at our fall festival. Here are a few of my favorites:














This one doesn't have the book with it, but is Mr. Magorium from Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Aren't they great!  I think our kiddos did a fabulous job!

4 comments:

  1. Mine didn't turn out near as well as yours did. Next year, I might use A BAD CASE OF STRIPES and do a sample for the kiddos in class. I did require mine to use a short chapter book, no picture books. I only gave it to GT students and for the most part they were good, but not terrific. It was our 1st year, next year I'll change things up:)

    I love the Stripes - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A Bad Case of Stripes" was one of my favorites too! One of my 3rd graders did it. Parents were allowed to help, so I think she probably had a little help, but it turned out great!

      Delete
  2. They are beyond awesome Patti! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mel! I'm glad you enjoyed them!
    Patti :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...